Credit card companies happen to be financial institutions that are responsible for issuing credit cards to various consumers across the globe. There are quite a few credit card companies or issuers at present, and it is quite difficult to figure out which one is the best out there. In the subsequent paragraphs, we have offered an overview of the top companies issuing credit cards in 2021.
1. American Express
American Express is an issuer as well as a network. It is quite difficult to beat this company when it comes to offering an outstanding customer experience. There is no doubt about the fact that American Express gives top priority to the satisfaction of the customers. The majority of the cards issued by this company are directed at high spenders with excellent credit. This company comes with lots of events and offers for the customers while wait times are usually quite short. This company is also known to provide a top-quality mobile app.
2. Capital One
This one is a credit card company that attracts numerous cardholders while combining affordability and simplicity. One positive aspect regarding Capital One credit cards is that it is not difficult to understand them. Being based in Virginia, this company is reputed for its travel rewards credit cards. Capital One is considered to be a fantastic credit card issuer for international tourists since its cards do not have any foreign transaction charges. It is also quite simple to redeem rewards from this company which does not charge any significant annual fees as well. In fact, Capital One does not have any credit card costing in excess of $95 every year.
This one is the second biggest issuer when it comes to volume and the biggest issuer of credit cards on the MasterCard and Visa networks. Incorporated in Delaware, Chase happens to be one of the three issuers which have gained significant market share during the last few years. One of the main reasons for the success of this company happens to be the Chase credit cards, particularly the rewards cards. One more factor that has helped Chase is the fact that it is the biggest bank in the US.
The extensive variety of credit cards issued by this company consists of rewards, cashback, as well as travel cards. It will be possible for you to bank through Citibank by linking your Citi cards easily to your account for making transactions much easier. One notable feature of the Citi cards is the Citi ThankYou Rewards program providing different types of travel redemption options. Citi comes with a formidable banking department in the US as well.
How many credit cards should I own and why?
Ideally, it is fine to have multiple credit cards since one will come in handy in case the other does not work. However, you might find it challenging to manage more than one card and make timely repayments. Below, we have mentioned the most significant advantages and drawbacks of owning multiple credit cards.
- Helps to build your credit score – In case it is possible for you to have multiple credit cards and make payments in a timely manner, it will be feasible for you to build a good credit score. This will definitely offer an increasing number of credit opportunities to the individual while improving his creditworthiness as well.
- Multiple rewards – Owning a number of credit cards will provide you with various reward schemes. For example, the grocery rewards card can be used by you for getting the best rewards at the grocery outlet while the travel rewards card can be used for purchasing airline tickets.
- Useful in urgent situations – It is a fact that credit cards will help you to cover unexpected situations or expenses like financial crisis or hospitalization. You will also be able to receive instant loans without any document against your credit limit for dealing with these types of situations.
- Tough to manage – It can be somewhat difficult to manage multiple credit cards simultaneously. It will be imperative for you to monitor different credit limits, make payments for multiple bills, and so forth.
- Might result in unwanted debt – In case you like to overspend, it can be risky to own multiple credit cards. Consequently, it would be sensible to go for only one credit card if you end up spending excessively with multiple cards.
It has been found by research that the majority of the folks own approximately 3 to 4 credit cards. Although it is difficult to speculate the ideal number of credit cards that must be owned by an individual, one can have several credit cards in case he is able to manage all of them properly.
Best credit card banks
1. Bank of America
Based in North Carolina, the Bank of America Corporation happens to be a multinational financial services company and investment bank in the US. It is considered to be the second biggest financial institution in the country. This particular bank is reputed for its investment products as well as consumer banking and has in excess of 58 million credit cards in circulation at present.
2. PNC Banka
Based in Pennsylvania, PNC Financial Services Group is one of the biggest banks in the country when it comes to assets. In fact, it is the fifth biggest financial institution in terms of the number of branches and the fourth when it comes to the number of ATMs. Right now, approximately 6 million credit cards are in circulation from this particular bank.
3. U. S. Bank
This one is the fifth-biggest bank in the country as well as the sixth-largest issuer of credit cards when it comes to purchasing volume. Different types of credit cards are offered by this company at present with several well-known corporate partners.
4. Wells Fargo
This particular bank is considered to be the fourth biggest bank in the world when it comes to total assets and market capitalization. Moreover, it is the eighth biggest issuer of credit cards in the US with more than 26 million cards in circulation.