Ever felt like you have been working on your laptop for too long and your eyes are straining. Well, what if we told you there is a remedy to reduce the eye strain. The Night light feature on Windows 11 would be your saving grace.It usually works by reducing the brightness of your screen which helps reduce eye strain.
Our laptops usually have a blue light that keeps our bodies up. Moreover, it stimulates the body messing with our sleeping patterns. Bluelight affects the body’s circadian rhythm which messes up with our sleeping schedule.
Night mode also referred to as dark mode is the perfect setting to deal with this problem. Many laptops fitted with windows 11 have this feature to help reduce eyes strain. How do they do this you might ask? By reducing the amount of blue light that comes into contact with your eyes. The colors also change to warmer colors that won’t affect your brain’s production of melatonin.
Furthermore, night mode reduces eye strain by reducing the contrast between a dark room and your laptop’s screen. This helps to reduce the symptoms of eye strain.
If you have been having trouble enabling night light on windows 11 you’re in the right place. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to enable dark mode.
How To Enable Night Light on Windows 11
- Open settings by clicking on the Windows + I button
- Click on system
- Go to Display and click on the arrow on your right.
- Now go to Brightness and color and turn the night light toggle switch.
- After you have done this you would have enabled night mode on windows 11.
You could also customize your night light settings on this page. This will help you pick the strength of your night together with scheduling your night light.
Customizing your night light.
- After putting the switch on, click on the night light.
- It will take you to a page with a strength slider where you could adjust the intensity of the light .
- You can also click on showing warmer colors by clicking the turn on now button.
- After finding the right strength for your laptop go schedule night light and turn it on.
- Select the hours you’d want to turn on and when it would be off.
After doing all these steps you would have not only set your preferred intensity together with the time the light comes on.
- Go to the taskbar located in the bottom right corner of your laptop.
- Open Quick settings and click on the night light button.
You have successfully enabled your dark mode and won’t have to strain your eyes every time you’re using your laptop. Moreover, you get to have better sleep and wake up ready for the new day.