Have you ever felt like you have been working on your laptop for too long and your eyes are straining? Well, what if we told you there is a remedy to reduce the eye strain. The Night Light feature on Windows 11 would be your saving grace. It usually works by reducing the brightness of your screen, which helps reduce eye strain. This feature has been around for some time and it not only works for Windows 11 but also for Windows 10.
You may also like: How To Change Recycle Bin Icon to Catbin in Windows 11
Our laptops usually have a blue light that keeps our bodies up. Moreover, it stimulates the body by messing with our sleeping patterns. Bluelight affects the body’s circadian rhythm, which messes up our sleeping schedule.
Night mode also referred to as dark mode is the perfect setting to deal with this problem. Many laptops fitted with windows 11 have this feature to help reduce eyes strain. How do they do this you might ask? By reducing the amount of blue light that comes into contact with your eyes. The colors also change to warmer colors that won’t affect your brain’s production of melatonin.
Furthermore, with the night light settings, you are able to reduce eye strain by reducing the contrast between a dark room and your laptop’s screen. This helps to reduce the symptoms of eye strain.
If you have been having trouble enabling night light on Windows 11, you’re in the right place. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to enable the dark mode on Windows 11.
How to Enable Night Light on Windows 11
1. Open the settings page on Windows
To open the settings page, click on the Windows + I button. You could also manually search for settings on the search bar to access the settings page.
2. Click on system
This will allow you to switch on the night light switch on Windows 11 to reduce eye strain.
3. Go to Display and click on the arrow on your right.
This will allow you to access the night light feature and make any changes related to the night mode on Windows 11.
4. Go to brightness and color
- Going to the brightness and color sections allows you to access the night light toggle switch so as to enable dark mode on your Windows 11 PC.
- After you have done this you would have enabled night mode on windows 11.
You can also customize your night light settings on this page. This will help you pick the strength of your night along with scheduling your night light. Scheduling your night light feature is important since you won’t have to follow these steps each time you wish to use the night mode. You can simply pick the time of the day where you mostly use your PC and enable the night mode to work at that particular hour.
You may also like: How To Run Windows Apps on macOS: Step by Step Guide
Customizing your night light.
- After putting the switch on, click on the night light.
- It will take you to a page with a strength slider where you could adjust the intensity of the light.
- You can also click on showing warmer colors by clicking the turn on now button.
Scheduling your night light feature on Windows 11
- After finding the right strength for your laptop go schedule night light and turn it on.
- Select the hours you’d want to turn it on and when it would be off.
After doing all these steps, you would have not only set your preferred intensity but also the time the light comes on.
You may also like: How To Find Your WIFI password in Windows 11:Step by Step Guide
- Go to the taskbar located in the bottom right corner of your laptop.
- Open Quick settings and click on the night light button.
You have successfully enabled your dark mode and won’t have to strain your eyes every time you’re using your laptop. Moreover, you get to have better sleep and wake up ready for the new day.
Related articles :