Food is one of the causes of weight gain. But what if you eat healthy foods that can help you with weight loss. If your goal is eating healthy foods for weight loss, then you’re in the right place. Read more to find out foods you could incorporate into your diet to help you lose some extra fat.
Best Healthy foods for weight loss
Below is the best recommended healthy food for weight loss.
See also: How to Lose Weight Naturally.
Vegetables are low on calories which is the main cause of weight gain. They also contain high contents of water that help you fill full. This will limit the intake of snacks and processed foods. Vegetables are also rich in fiber. The fiber in vegetables not only helps make one have a feeling of satisfaction but also contains vitamins and minerals that increase the metabolic rate.
Some of the vegetables you could incorporate into your diet include:
Chilies can be a good addition help you burn off excess fats. They generate some heat when eaten that can oxidize excess fats in your body. In addition, they are low on calories and heavy on important minerals and vitamins. This includes Vitamin A, C, and folic acid.
Due to the high protein content of eggs, one will feel satisfied for a long time. This limits the amount of food intake preventing you from eating harmful foods. Eggs are also shown to increase the rate of metabolism making them one of the best foods to incorporate into your diet. Add on to your breakfast meal and see it transform your entire body.
4. Oat meal
Oatmeal is one of the best breakfast options you could ever have. Not only is it low on calories but also fats making it a healthy option when it comes to breakfast. High fiber contents present in oatmeal can also help with your digestion. Try having this low-cost meal added to your diet and see yourself shed off the excess fats.
Grains are a good option for weight loss because they help in increasing metabolic rates in the body. You could incorporate whole grains in your diet to help with fiber contents in the body. This will increase rates of digestion and rates of metabolism in the body
Some of the whole grains you could incorporate into your diet include:
- Brown rice
See also: Best 5 Health Benefits of Fig Vegetable
Fruits not only help you feel satisfied faster but are also low on calories. They have high nutrients and fiber content making them one of the best foods you could add to your diet. It is advised to eat your fruits the way they are instead of throwing them in a blender to crush them into juice. Fruits can also be good seasonal stacks for when you are hungry but you don’t want something that’s too heavy. Carry fruits to the office on a daily basis and transform your eating habits. Some of the fruits that can help with weight loss include:
- Bananas-If you have a sweet tooth then this is the perfect treat for you. Replace that bar of chocolate with two to three bananas and watch yourself lose weight without any worries.Bananas have high contents of potassium and vitamins with a number of antioxidants.They are also rich in fibre and can be eaten anytime.
- Watermelon-Watermelons have high water contents that can help you to not only feel full for long but also keep you hydrated.Water melons are low on calories and contain important nutrients such as potassium.
- Apples-Apples are low on calories and have high water contents.They also contain high levels of fiber and calcium that help with digestion.Apples are also quite versatile and can be incorporated into various dishes.
- Figs-Figs help in digestion increasing the rate of metabolism in the body. This is because of the high fiber contents that can help with weight management.
Yogurt is said to have high protein contents and low calories. This means that when one takes yogurt the rate of body metabolism increases. A fat-free yogurt also contains limited fats. This means that three to four servings a day can go a long way in weight management. Try adding greek yogurt to your diet to help with weight loss.
Beans and peas contain the necessary nutrition that is useful during digestion. They are also high on proteins that help to increase rates of metabolism in the body. They also help burn off excess fats in the body to aid with weight loss.
Some of the legumes you could add to your diet are:
- Beans-Beans have high protein and fiber contents to help with body metabolism.
- Peas-Contain low levels of calories( about 60).
- lentils-Have low cholerstrol levels and high fiber contents.
- Chickpea-Contains high contents of fiber and help reduce risk of cardiovascular complications.
Read also:How to Increase Your Metabolism Fast
9. Seeds and nuts
Nuts and seeds contain high levels of protein. They are also beneficial to the body with the different nutrients present. Nuts and seeds act as good snacks due to their high fiber contents. They are a good replacement for processed foods especially when you’re craving something light
Nuts and seeds that could help with your weight loss include:
10. Lean meats
Lean meats contain lower levels of fats and calories compared to other meats. They are considered one of the healthy foods for weight loss because of their high protein contents. If you like meat and you’re not ready to let it go, try adding lean meats to your diet. The muscle repairing property of lean meats can also help repair tissues that might have been injured when exercising. These lean meats include:
- Grass fed herbivores
Incorporating these foods together with regular exercising can help you keep your body weight in check.